🏀 No. 2 Kansas to Host No. 14 TCU Saturday at Noon
LAWRENCE, Kan. – No. 2 Kansas (16-2, 5-1) returns home to host No. 14 TCU (14-4, 3-3) on Saturday, Jan. 21. The contest from Allen Fieldhouse begins at 12 p.m. (Central) and will be televised on CBS with Ian Eagle, Bill Raftery and Jay Wright calling the action.
- Kansas had its 10-game winning streak end with an 83-82 overtime loss at No. 13 Kansas State on Jan. 17. TCU is looking to rebound from a 74-65 loss at West Virginia on Jan. 18.
- Kansas is 109-16 following a loss in the Bill Self era, which started in 2003-04. Since 2012-13, KU has been even more efficient with a record of 56-7 after losses.
- TCU will be the sixth ranked team Kansas will play this season. KU is 3-2 versus ranked foes in 2022-23 and 121-65 under Bill Self.
- Last season, Kansas became the all-time winningest program in NCAA Division I, currently at 2,373 victories.
- Kansas leads the overall series with TCU, 24-3, including a 10-0 record in Allen Fieldhouse. KU has won the last two meetings and 10 of the last 11.
- Kansas has appeared in the Associated Press top 10 in each of the last 30 polls dating back to the 2021-22 preseason poll. The 30 consecutive is the longest active streak in men’s college basketball.
- Kansas is No. 6 in the NET Rankings through games played on Jan. 18. Kansas is No. 1 in NET Strength of Schedule. KU’s six Quadrant 1 wins are the second most in the country behind Purdue’s seven.
- Redshirt-junior Jalen Wilson leads the Big 12 in scoring at 20.8 ppg, which is 15th nationally. His career-high 38 points at Kansas State last game were the third most scored by a Jayhawk in the Bill Self era. Wilson also leads the Big 12 with eight double-doubles, which is 18th nationally.
- Redshirt-junior Dajuan Harris Jr. leads the Big 12 in assist-to-turnover ratio at 3.34 (fifth nationally). His 6.5 assists per game are second in the league and also fifth nationally.
- Redshirt-senior Kevin McCullar Jr. leads the Big 12 in steals (2.6), which is 10th nationally.
- Freshman Gradey Dick leads the Big 12 and is 13th nationally in three-point field goal percentage at 45.3%.
Kansas hits the road to take on Big 12 preseason favorite and No. 21 Baylor on ESPN Big Monday, Jan. 23. The game from the Ferrell Center will start at 8 p.m. (Central) and be televised on ESPN. In a series that dates back to 1951, Kansas leads Baylor, 35-8. Kansas and Baylor are 2-2 in the last four meetings and KU leads 5-4 in the last nine matchups.