⚾️ Kansas Falls in Series Finale to No. 20 TCU
LAWRENCE, Kan. — On senior day at Hoglund Ballpark Sunday, the No. 20 ranked TCU Horned Frogs came away with a 8-2 win against the Kansas Jayhawks. Sophomore shortstop Maui Ahuna hit his eighth home run of the season.
PITCHERS OF RECORD
Win: Augie Mihlbauer (2-0)
Final line: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 SO
Loss: Ryan Vanderhei (5-6)
Final line: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 BB, 6 SO
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Kansas jumped out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning. Ahuna hit a solo home run to right-center field to put the Jayhawks ahead.
• TCU (32-18, 16-8) tied the game in the second inning when a run scored on a wild pitch.
• KU took the lead back in the bottom of the third on a throwing error that allowed Cooper McMurray to score.
• The Horned Frogs took a 3-2 lead in the top of the fourth on a two-out, two-run double by Tommy Sacco.
• In the fifth, TCU’s Kurtis Byrne hit a solo homer and Gray Rodgers hit an RBI single to make the score 5-2.
• A three-run homer by Brayden Taylor in the sixth pushed the score to 8-2.
Kansas (20-32, 4-17) will host the Border Showdown against Missouri on Tuesday night at 6 p.m. CT at Hoglund Ballpark. The game will be streamed on Big 12 NOW on ESPN+ and live audio can be heard on the Jayhawk Sports Network.