Jan. 8, 2011
Texas Tech 61, Kansas 57
Jan. 8, 2011 – Lawrence, Kan.
KU’s Loss To Texas Tech…
… Drops KU to 13-2 overall and 10-1 in home games.
… Moved the Jayhawks to 1-1 in January.
… Made KU 13-2 to open the season for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
… Dropped the Jayhawks to 3-14 all-time against Texas Tech.
… Moved KU to 286-281 all-time versus schools from the Big 12, including 86-140 since the league formed.
… Dropped Head Coach Bonnie Henrickson to 109-97 at Kansas, 267-159 overall and 0-7 against Texas Tech in her career.
… Made the Jayhawks 706-495 all-time.
– Kansas F Carolyn Davis recorded her third straight double-double, tallying 11 points and 13 rebounds against Texas Tech. It marked her fourth double-double of year and 10th of her career.
– Davis’ 13 rebounds were the second-most she has recorded this season. Over her last three games, the sophomore is averaging 13.0 boards per game (12 vs. UT-Arlington and 14 vs. UMKC).
– Davis recorded the 200th field goal of her career in the game. Her four field goals give her 203 in her career. She is 203-for-293, which gives her a program-best career field goal percentage of 69.3.
– Kansas F Aishah Sutherland tied a season high with 17 points, marking the fourth time this season the junior has recorded 17. Sutherland also matched season highs with eight field goals and three steals in the contest.
– KU’s 57 points were the second-fewest scored by the team this season, while the Jayhawks’ 23 second-half points were the fewest in a half by the team this year.
– The Jayhawks set season-lows in free throw percentage (50.0), offensive rebounds (seven) and total rebounds (32).
– Kansas G Angel Goodrich’s four rebounds matched a season-best.
– Freshman G Keena Mays scored seven points, matching a season high with four from the foul line.