Football Fan Guide
Accessible/Limited Mobility parking is available east of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium in lot 94 and west of Memorial Stadium in lot 59 on a first-come, first-served basis for $25 per stall. You must display your state-issued accessible license plate or hangtag and have your personal identification card with you. Enter at Fambrough Drive and Fambrough Way, or Fambrough Drive and Illinois St., where our parking personnel will direct you to the appropriate areas. If lots 59 and 94 are full, an accessible shuttle bus is available from lots 61 and 34 (Sunnyside Ave & Illinois Street) or lot 54 (north of Allen Fieldhouse Garage) where parking is available for $25 per stall. Enter lots 61/34 from Illinois Street and lot 54 from Irving Hill Road.
- Williams Education Fund season parking pass not valid in accessible parking spaces;
- Accessible spaces available for $25 per vehicle for 2019 season*,
- Accessible spaces are sold on-site by KU Parking & Transit on a first-come, first-serve basis;
- Accessible spaces are available in two parking lots adjacent to the stadium, in lots 59 [12 spaces] and 94 [26 spaces]; lot 91 [5 spaces]; the Mississippi Street Garage [17 spaces]; and also near the game shuttle in lots 54, 61 and 34 [all spaces available for ADA with ADA shuttle within lot].
Golf cart shuttles are available in the lots surrounding David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium for those needing assistance to the stadium gates. The east shuttle will provide transportation to and from Lot 91, 94 and the Mississippi Street bus stop to the stadium at gate 26, and the west shuttle will provide transportation to and from lots 56,57, and 60 to the stadium at gates 1-10. Shuttles will begin service two hours prior to the game and end 15 minutes into the first quarter. They will begin again based on need after halftime, and run for 30 minutes after the completion of the game. Please call (785) 864-4808 on the day of the game with specific needs.
Bus service to the stadium is available from lot 54 on Irving Hill Road, and on the north side of Price Computing Center, on Sunnyside Avenue west of Illinois Street. Shuttle service runs from two hours prior to game time until kickoff and restarts at the end of the third quarter until 30 minutes after the game. Accessible shuttle buses are available from these lots as well.
Bus service is also available from Downtown Lawrence with three stops near downtown parking garages: 9th & New Hampshire, 6th & New Hampshire, and 7th & Vermont Fare is $1 per person roundtrip. Parking fees in the downtown garages are waived on game days.
Parking is available for $25 per vehicle in lots 34 (Price Computing Center), 61 (on Illinois Street, south of Sunnyside Avenue), and 54 (on Irving Hill Road, north of Allen Fieldhouse Parking Garage) for $25. There is a Shuttle Bus Stop on Sunnyside Ave. in front of Price Computing Center. The bus stop for lot 54 is on Irving Hill Road. Recreational vehicles may park in Lot 90 at no charge.
If you park on the streets around David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, please be sure to observe all parking signs and city ordinances to avoid a parking ticket.
Because of the limited number of parking spaces available at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, it is important that you park in the lot assigned on your parking pass. There is a map on the back of your parking pass to assist you in finding the correct location. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed. There will be parking staff available to help you if you have any problems. Due to space limitations, we are unable to accommodate recreational vehicles in reserved parking areas. RV parking is available in Lot 90 at no charge, just east of Allen Fieldhouse.
The preferred rideshare drop-off point for pre-game traffic is on Memorial Drive at the top of the hill, south of the stadium. The post-game rideshare pickup location is located just one block east of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium near the intersection of 11th street and Indiana Street.
For those with limited mobility (other than those requiring wheelchair seating), Kansas Athletics offers limited mobility seating. These seats are on the second level near the elevators and do not require excessive climbing of stairs. Please contact the Ticket Office as early as possible to trade out tickets for limited mobility seats.
For assistance please contact event personnel (red shirt/vest) in your area or call (785) 864-4808. Or text us by sending an SMS text message to 55678, keyword KUHELP.
ATM’s are located on the main concourse level at section 6 on the west side of the stadium and at section 19 on the east side of the stadium
General concessions will be available in all areas when the gates open. Concessions are located throughout the ground level concourse and the east and west side of the third level concourse.
The FAA currently restricts the use of aircraft, including the flying of unmanned drones, within three miles of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium from one hour before until one hour after the conclusion of the scheduled game.
- Ambulance: Located outside of Gate 29 and at the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Medical Aid Station in Section 23, east side lower concourse.
- Medical Aid: The Lawrence Memorial Hospital Medical Aid Station is located on the lower level concourse, east side, at Section 23. Open one and a half hours prior to kickoff and closed 30 minutes after the game.
- Police Command Center: Located in the lower level concourse, east side, at Section 24.
In case of an emergency call 785-864-4808 or dial 911
Fan Information is located on the lower concourse at Section 10. Lost and found is located in the Fan Information Center. If you discover a missing item after you leave the stadium you may call (785) 864-4210 Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Fancards containing both teams’ rosters and other gameday information are available on the lower level east and west concourses, and at Fan Information at Section 10.
Water fountains and bottle fillers stations are available at the following locations on ground level:
- Outer concourse Section 1
- Inner concourse Section 10
- Inner concourse Section 17
- Outer concourse Section 26
Fans may bring in one unopened or empty bottle of water per person.
Procedures have been developed for inclement weather. Information and procedures will be provided to fans in the event of inclement weather. Emergency instructions will be delivered via the public address system and the stadium video board.
Every child should be told to contact the nearest event staff personnel (red shirt/vest) should he/she become lost. Lost children will be taken to Fan Information on the lower concourse at Section 10. Parents looking for a lost child should go to Fan Information.
Rally House stands are located throughout the lower level concourse of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium for your merchandise and souvenir needs. Only Kansas Athletics can authorize the sales or distribution of promotional or merchandise items to fans near David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.
- Compliance Office: 864-4200
- Facilities Office: 864-4210
- KU Parking & Transit: 864-PARK (7275)
- KU Police: 864-5900
- KUStore: 864-1119
- Lost & Found: 864-4210
- Communications: 864-3417
- Ticket Office: 864-3141 (800.34.HAWKS)
- Williams Education Fund: 864-3946
Once gates are open and fans have full access to stadium seating, fans who have scanned in will not be able to exit the stadium and re-enter. Emergency exceptions will be made on a case by case basis through the Medical Bag Exception gates: Gate 35 – South end, Gate 11 – Northwest Corner, Gate 4 – West Side, Gate 16 – Northeast Corner, Gate 21 – East Side.
Men’s and women’s restrooms are located throughout the lower level east and west concourses and on the third level of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Two family restrooms are located on the lower-level east concourse and two on the lower-level west concourse. All family restrooms are equipped with diaper-changing stations. All third-level restrooms on the east and west concourses of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium are equipped with diaper-changing stations. Accessible restrooms are located on the lower levels and may be accessed by elevators on the east and the west side of the stadium.
The student entrance is located on the northeast side of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium at Gate 18. All student ticket holders must enter at this location. The student entrance gates will open two hours prior to kickoff.
The Ward Family Scholarship Suites are restricted to those individuals with suite tickets or guest passes, and those individuals with proper credentials for working in the press box area. Suites will be open two hours prior to kickoff. Suites will close one hour after the conclusion of the game.
The Touchdown Club, which is located behind the south end zone of Kivisto Field and the Field Goal Club, which is located on the north end of Kivisto Field are restricted to those individuals with Touchdown Club tickets or Field Goal Club passes. The Touchdown Club and the Field Goal Club will open 1.5 hours prior to kickoff. The Touchdown Club and Field Goal Club will close immediately after the conclusion of the game.
Wheelchair seating is located in the black shaded areas on the seating map. Space is reserved for one person and three additional companion seats if space is available. Wheelchair seating is accessible by elevators on the east and west sides of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Persons with limited mobility or others needing special assistance to reach their seats should contact the Athletic Ticket Office at (785) 864-3141. There are three elevators located on the west side of the stadium at street level and there is one elevator located on the east side of the stadium.
No alcohol (including non-alcoholic beer and wine) may be brought into David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium except in the Ward Family Scholarship Suites.
Intoxicated or alcohol impaired individuals may be denied admission into the stadium, or subsequently required to leave upon request. Violators are subject to applicable legal action. Such ejections or denial of admission are not grounds for refunds.
In addition, with the selling of alcohol inside David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, The University of Kansas and Kansas Athletics remind fans to enjoy their gameday experience by responsibly enjoying alcohol. In cooperation with the Jayhawk Buddy System, fans will find Designated Driver Stations located in each corner of the main concourse. Sign up to be a designated driver today and receive a voucher for a complimentary Aquafina or Pepsi product. Gamdeday alcohol sales include a limit of two drinks per fan per transaction, alcohol sales will be discontinued at the conclusion of the third quarter of play. Must be 21 or older.
Banners should be no more than three feet high and must not obstruct fans’ view of the field or David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium signage. Signs, banners and flags that contain obscene language or speech are prohibited. Such signs will be removed and/or the possessors of such signs may be removed from the stadium. Kansas Athletics has the right to remove any banner at any time for any reason. Kansas Athletics expects and encourages spectators to bring signs that promote good sportsmanship and respect the rights and dignity of others.
To provide a safe environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into all of our athletics’ venues, Kansas Athletics implemented a clear-bag policy that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into sporting events.
Kansas Athletics strongly encourages fans to not bring any type of bag to KU sporting events. To expedite entry there will be express lanes designated for fans without bags.
The following style and size bag, package, or container will be allowed in the gates at Kansas Athletics events:
- Bags that are clear, plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (like a Ziploc)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without handle or strap, may be taken into the venue (can’t be larger than 5.5” x 8.5”).
An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection by a supervisor at the gate.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags and camera bags
- Any bag larger than the required size
An exception will be made for medically necessary supplies in a bag appropriate to the size of the medical supplies. These bags must be checked at the medical exception gates (4, 11, 16, 21, 35).
Kansas fans pride themselves on a long tradition of good sportsmanship and conduct. In support of this tradition, Kansas Athletics’ staff will proactively support a safe and fun experience for our guests. Kansas Athletics’ events will be free from the following behaviors:
- Foul, obscene, offensive or abusive language or actions
- Public intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
- Possession or use of illegal drugs
- Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes)
- Fighting and unruly or inconsiderate behavior
- Selling items, including tickets, on University grounds
- Interfering with the progress of the event, including throwing any object onto the field or going onto the playing surface
- Failing to follow rules/instructions of stadium personnel
- Sitting in a location other than the guest’s ticketed seat
- Indecent or obscene clothing or signs
- Destroying property
- Conduct that endangers participants or spectators
- Criminal trespass
Those who choose not to follow Kansas Athletics’ Fan Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection without refund. Ticket holders are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests or persons occupying their seats. If you witness any patrons demonstrating the behaviors listed above during an event, please notify security (police officers, or usher in a red shirt/vest), call (785) 864-2377 or send an SMS text message to 55678, keyword KUHELP.
For the protection of our fans, the following items are not permitted in Kansas Athletics facilities and cannot be stored by Kansas Athletics personnel:
- Containers, bottles, cans, liquid containers and coolers
- Backpacks, duffle bags, purses larger than a clutch bag (5.5” x 8.5” max), fanny packs, diaper bags, mesh bags, tinted plastic totes, any clear plastic bag greater than 12” x 6” x 12”, camera or binocular cases, or chairbacks
- Umbrellas, strollers, bikes
- Weapons (as defined by the University’s weapons policy) of any type, including concealed firearms and fireworks
- Poles/sticks of any kind
- Objects that obstruct another patron’s view of the playing surface
- Horns, whistles, boom boxes and/or other noisemakers
- Any object that can be used as a missile
- Animals (except service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Anything that creates a nuisance or disruption
- Patrons are subject to inspection of their person, bags, and clothing capable of concealing prohibited items. Patrons may refuse inspections but management reserves the right to refuse entry.
The University prohibits individuals from possessing, carrying or using weapons, including concealed weapons, in David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium for football games. Violators will be asked to leave University property, and if they refuse to do so, such refusal may constitute an unlawful trespass.
Following the best practices recommended by the Department of Homeland Security and National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security as well as state law, additional security measures will be in place for all football games in David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. These measures aim to provide a safer environment for all in attendance and improve the guest experience by expediting screening and entry into the stadium.
All persons – game day staff and ticketed guests – are subject to screening before entering David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Walk-through metal detectors will be the primary means of screening. For guests who are unable to utilize a walk-through metal detector, hand-held metal detectors will be used with physical pat-downs as a final alternative option. Any person who does not consent to screening will be denied entry into the stadium. For more information on what is and is not allowed in David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium, please review the Clear Bag policy and the Prohibited Items listed above.
Guests with tickets in hand are strongly encouraged to use the screening area and entry gate closest to their parking area or pre-game event location. In many cases, this will expedite entry. To help ensure that guests are in their seats by game time, all guests are encouraged to make their way to the entry points at least one (1) hour prior to game time. Fans who leave the stadium at any point after entering will not be allowed to re-enter
Designated entry points are located as follows:
- Student Entrance: Gate 18 – North East corner
- Credentialed Entrance (Media and others with approved game day credentials): Gate 35 – South end; Gate 11 – Northwest Corner; Gate 4 – West Side; Gate 21 – East Side.
- Medical Bag Exception Entrance: Gate 35 – South end; Gate 11 – Northwest Corner; Gate 4 – West Side; Gate 21 – East Side; Gate 16 – Northeast Corner.
Screening Accommodations – All guests and personal items (including assistive devices) are subject to screening and search before entering David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Guests with disabilities who are willing to utilize walk-through metal detectors are encouraged to do so; however, these lanes are not accessible for wheelchairs and other assistive devices. Guests with medical devices should consult their doctor or device manufacturer if unsure of their ability to use a walk-through metal detector. Guests should notify Event Staff that they have a medical device and will be assisted through the screening process.
In accordance with University of Kansas Policy, smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes or any future product that simulates or approximates tobacco use or smoking, and tobacco use are not permitted on the Lawrence or Edwards campuses, all other university sites reporting to the Lawrence campus, and at the facilities of Student Housing, the Kansas and Burge Unions, Athletics, and the KU Center for Research, Inc. (KUCR).
Kansas Athletics strives to enforce the University’s solicitation policy on campus. The solicitation policy forbids commercial sales on campus. The resale of athletics event tickets on the KU campus, regardless of price charged, is not a permitted exception to the University’s solicitation policy. Kansas Athletics will work with the University Public Safety Office to ensure that solicitation for athletics event ticket sales does not occur on campus property. The practice of selling tickets, regardless of price charged, is not permissible on University grounds. Violators who sell tickets may be charged with trespass. Kansas Athletics will notify University Public Safety, who will pursue any enforcement remedies deemed necessary. The enforcement policy applies to all ticket solicitors, not just professional ticket scalpers.
Kansas Athletics is committed to establishing sportsmanship and developing a healthy environment for competition. We appreciate and expect your cooperation by supporting the players, coaches and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments or other intimidating actions will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from the stadium. Any spectator who interferes with the game by coming onto the field or throwing objects onto the field will be subject to ejection from the stadium.
Fans at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium can use a text-messaging reporting system on game-days to quickly summon KU event personnel. In case of an emergency, facility issue, or to report a disturbance in your area, send an SMS text message to 55678, keyword KUHELP. Then type in your issue and location. Standard SMS text messaging rates will apply. This is a two-way texting system that will allow KU event personnel to respond as needed.
Tailgating is permitted only in designated areas. Out of respect for other fans, please tailgate only in front of or behind your own parking space. Please keep traffic lanes open. Portable restroom facilities have been provided in parking areas surrounding David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium for your convenience.
The tailgating guidelines are designed for Jayhawk fans of all ages so that all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable time at the game. We want everyone to enjoy the game-day experience, including responsible tailgating before the game.
Fans traveling to David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium for games this fall will have access to Tailgate Guys services with a full range of premium pregame tailgate package options with reserved locations and a new layout on Campanile Hill. A variety of package options will be available to Jayhawk football fans, all of which will include turnkey setup and breakdown, game day bellhop services, tents, tables, and chairs, with options for additional customizations. For more information or to reserve a tailgate package visit www.tailgateguys.com/kansas or call Tailgate Guys at (785) 727-4122
- Alcohol may be consumed only during a three-hour period before kickoff and during halftime in the designated tailgating area. Consumption of alcoholic beverages must end 30 minutes following the opening kickoff and 15 minutes following the second-half kickoff. Alcoholic beverages must be transported off-campus following the end of the game.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted outside of the designated tailgating areas. Underage drinking, disorderly conduct or other unlawful conduct will not be tolerated.
- No kegs or other containers with a capacity greater than one gallon may be brought into the area. Fans are strongly encouraged not to use or bring glass containers into the tailgating areas.
- Alcohol may not be brought into David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium.
- Individuals on foot will be allowed to bring their picnics into the designated tailgating areas.
- Guests should tailgate in front of or behind their own vehicle only and all fans are asked to be considerate of their tailgating neighbors. Vehicles may occupy ONLY ONE parking space and the saving of parking spaces is not allowed.
- Adults should be aware of their children’s location at all times.
- Guests are asked to dispose of trash in proper receptacles and extinguish their flames and grills safely. There will be no flames or grills permitted in the Mississippi Street Parking Garage (MSPG). Grills may be used outside of the garage on grassy areas.
- Parking lots and roadways should be kept clear of tailgating games, e.g., ball-tossing. Please use the grassy areas to play games. Fans are asked not to block or impede other vehicular traffic before, during or after the game.
All ticket booths will open three hours prior to kickoff and remain open until halftime. Ticket offices are located on the west side at the entrance of the press box, in the North Bowl area and at the southeast corner of David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Children two and under are admitted with parent/guardian without a ticket, and will be required to sit on a lap. For ticket information during the week call 1-800-34-HAWKS, (785) 864-3141 or log onto KUAthletics.com.
- General Public/Suite Will Call West side (street level)
- KU Player/Guest Gate 10, Northwest corner
- Recruits, High School Teams and Coaches Southeast ticket booth
- Student-Athletes Southeast ticket booth
- Visiting Team Player/Guest/Will Call Southeast ticket booth
A photo ID is required for the pick-up of all tickets.