Jan. 16, 2006
<?xml:namespace prefix=”st1″ ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags”?>Missouri 89, Kansas 86 (OT)<?xml:namespace prefix=”o” ns=”urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office”?>
Jan. 16, 2006– Mizzou Arena –Columbia, Mo.
Kansas‘ Loss To Missouri…
…Drops Kansas to 10-6 on the season and matches its longest losing skid of 2005-06 (two games).
…Makes KU 1-2 in Big 12 play for the first time since the inception of the league in 1997.
…Gives Missouri is second-straight win over KU with both victories at Mizzou Arena.
…Makes the KU-MU series 161-93 in the Jayhawks’ favor.
…Makes KU 119-28 in Big 12 regular-season games.
…Makes Bill Self 57-22 at Kansas, 263-127 overall and 7-2 against Missouri.
…Makes KU 1,858-775 all-time.
- Kansas used the starting lineup of freshmen Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers, sophomores Sasha Kaun and Russell Robinson and senior Christian Moody for the first time this season.
- Freshman guard Mario Chalmers led KU with a career-high 22 points and posted his second-straight 20+ point contest (20 against Kansas State on Jan. 14). He also dished out a career-high eight assists and matched his personal best with four steals.
- Chalmers is averaging 14.4 points in his last five outings. Chalmers has 11 steals and is 16-of-21 from the free throw line in his three Big 12 games.
- Sophomore guard Russell Robinson’s eight rebounds marked a career-high while his 12 points tied a season-high.
- Freshman guard Brandon Rush has scored in double figures in four-straight games (14 against Missouri tonight) and 12 times this season.
- KU head coach Bill Self is 7-8 in overtime games over the course his career and 2-3 in OT while in Lawrence.
- Missouri’s Thomas Gardner’s 40 points marked the most by a KU opponent this season.