Promotions Planned For Border Showdown
Jan. 21, 2005
A number of activities are planned for the Kansas/Missouri Border Showdown women’s basketball game on Saturday, Jan. 22, at 7 p.m. in Allen Fieldhouse. The annual Border Showdown is presented by the Midwest Ford Dealers.
• Big Blue Day: All fans wearing blue will receive free popcorn.
• Women’s Basketball Alumni Night: All alumni of the program are invited back to the game.
• A reception for the Multi-Cultural Scholars will be held prior to the game.
• The Fun Zone will be setup which includes interactive inflatable games and a promotional table in the north end of Allen Fieldhouse.
• The Midwest Ford Dealers will have a new truck on display on the East lawn of the Fieldhouse.
• Rally Noodles will be given to fans upon entrance.
• Lawrence Memorial Hospital will be located in the north end to conduct a health screening.
• Several pre-game contests for fans are planned.
• The Kansas City Marching Cobras will perform.
• Half-court shot for a new car or truck (sponsored by the Midwest Ford Dealers)
• T-Shirt Toss
• Pizza Hut Loudest Fan in the Fieldhouse
• KUStore.com Most Spirited Fan
• Qdoba Mexican Grill Free Taco Promotion
• Advance Auto Parts Free Washer Fluid Promotion (if the Jayhawks score 75+).
• Autograph Session