Feb. 1, 2011
Kansas 88, Texas Tech 66
February 1, 2010 – Lubbock, Texas
Kansas‘ win at Texas Tech…
… Made Kansas 21-1, including 6-1 in Big 12 play, and gave Kansas its 22nd consecutive 21-win season dating back to 1989-90.
… Made KU 6-0 in true road games this season and 10-0 away from Allen Fieldhouse.
… Gave Kansas its third-straight win against Texas Tech and made the series 20-4 in favor of the Jayhawks.
… Ended a KU three-game losing streak against Tech in games played in Lubbock.
… Gave Bill Self his first win in Lubbock.
… Made Bill Self 223-44 while at Kansas, 430-149 all-time and 7-6 against Texas
Tech, 6-3 while at KU.
… Improved Kansas to 2,024-797 all-time.
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Marcus Morris, Markieff Morris, Tyshawn Taylor, Tyrel Reed and Josh Selby for the ninth consecutive game.
– Kansas’ 88 points were its most in Lubbock since scoring 94 on Jan. 6, 2001 while its 22-point margin of victory tied for its largest at Texas Tech (97-75 on Dec. 5, 1960).
– The Jayhawks committed a season-low six turnovers. It marked the third time this season Kansas has had single-digit turnovers.
– KU’s bench produced 42 points, its highest output since its bench had 42 versus UMKC on Jan. 5.
– KU outrebounded TTU 40-35 and has out-done 18 of 22 opponents on the boards this year, including 12 of its last 14.
– Kansas shot over 50 percent for the 15th time this season hitting 51.4 percent from the field (36-for-70). The 70 shot attempts were a season high for KU, besting its previous high of 69 shots versus Longwood on Nov. 12.
– Brady Morningstar scored in double figures for the second time this season and second time in the last three games pouring in 12 points on the night. Morningstar also dished four assists and has three or more dimes 10 times, including each of the last seven games.
– Marcus Morris scored a team-high 18 points and is the fourth different Jayhawk in as many games to lead the team in scoring.
– Thomas Robinson added 17 points and nine rebounds for the second-straight game. He has double-digit scoring eight times so far this season. Robinson also sank 5-for-5 from the free throw line for his best outing since hitting 2-for-2 versus MiamiOhio on Jan. 2.
– Markieff Morris recorded 11 points and 12 rebounds for his eighth double-double of the season.
– Travis Releford played nine minutes at TTU, the most floor time the guard has seen since going 18 minutes versus UMKC on Jan. 5 due to an ankle sprain.
– Josh Selby had 12-plus points for the third straight game as he scored 14 for Kansas. Selby has nine games with 10-plus points.
– Mario Little had nine points, his fifth outing of nine-plus points this season. He netted his points in just 13 minutes of floor time hitting 4-of-5 shots from the field.