March 27, 2009
Kansas 62, Michigan State 67
March 27, 2009
Kansas’ loss to Michigan State…- Ends Kansas’ season at 27-8 and makes KU 9-7 away from home in 2008-09.
– Makes KU 8-4 as a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
– Gives Kansas a 4-5 record against Michigan State.
– Makes Bill Self 169-40 while at Kansas, 376-145 overall and 24-10 in NCAATournament games, including 14-5 while at Kansas.
– Makes Kansas 1,970-793 all time.
Team Notes- Cole Aldrich recorded four blocks to move into the second spot on KU’s single season blocks list with 94. Greg Ostertag owns the top spot with 97 blocks in 1994.
– Aldrich scored 17 points and pulled down 14 rebounds for his 21st double-double of the season and third straight. He also added a career-high four assists.
– Aldrich went 5-for-6 at the free throw line and has missed just four free throws in his last seven games going 20-for-24 in that time.
– Sherron Collins recorded his third straight game of 20 or more points as he finished with a team-high 20 points. Collins led the team in scoring in 27 games in 2008-09. He also finished with two three-pointers for his 22nd game with multiple treys.
– Markieff Morris played 24 minutes, his most floor time since playing 24 minutes against Siena on Jan. 6. He also added his most rebounds in six games with seven caroms.
– Tyrel Reed fouled out for the first time this year. He finished with three points in 21 minutes.
– KU, which led 36-29 at halftime, is 24-4 this season when leading at the half.
– Thirty-two of KU’s 62 points were earned in the paint.
– KU held Michigan State to 39.0 percent shooting from the field. Kansas has now held its last 73 opponents to under 50 percent shooting.
– Michigan State’s Goran Suton, who averages 9.8 ppg, scored a season-high 20 points.
– MSU also grabbed 13 steals tying KU’s opponent high this season.