Kansas Summer Baseball Notebook No. 2
July 13, 2006
LAWRENCE, Kan. –
This summer, kuathletics.com will periodically blog about former KU baseball players playing professionally and current Jayhawks participating in collegiate summer leagues across the country.
-Click here to keep track of former KU players in professional baseball.
-Click here to keep track of KU players in Summer Leagues.
-Tom Gorzelanny was recalled by the Pittsburgh Pirates and started against the New York Mets on July 6.
– Before being called up by the Pirates, Gorzelanny was selected for the International League All-Star Game.
– Schweitzer will be reunited with former Jayhawk A.J. VanSlyke who will join State College on Thursday, July 13.
– Sean Land made an impressive debut for the Elizabethton Twins on June 28.
– After struggling in April, John Nelson credits a call to his father to help him get out of a slump.
– Don Czyz picked up his first professional save in his second pro outing.
– Ritchie Price moved from Brooklyn to Kingsport.
– Ricky Fairchild struck out six batters in his pro debut on June 24.
– Ryotaro Hayakawa and Ross Kelling are helping the Topeka Golden Giants in the MINK League this summer.
– Kansas recruit Robby Price was one of five Duluth Huskies selected to the Northwoods League All-Star game on July 12. However, Price was unable to attend the festivities. Robby is the third Price to play in the NWL.
– Relief pitcher Paul Smyth picked up his first victory of the season for the Duluth Huskies to secure a sweep over the Thunder Bay Border Cats.
– Lefthander Andy Marks is throwing strikes for the Huskies.