Pick up a Football Yard Sign and You Could Win!
Aug. 17, 2005
LAWRENCE, Kan. — The Kansas athletics department recently produced 5,000 yard signs designed to enhance the current excitement surrounding the upcoming 2005 Jayhawk football season. Fans are encouraged to pick up a free 18-by-24 inch yard sign at participating Westlake Hardware locations and display it proudly in their yard. The signs also will be available at Memorial Stadium during the Jayhawk Football Fan Appreciation Day on Aug. 24. Anyone who puts a sign in their front yard is eligible to win a football prize package.
Between Aug. 18 and Sept. 2 the Jayhawk prize patrol will select three lucky households displaying their yard signs and those families will win a Jayhawk football prize package. The prize package includes a free Football Family Plan, which includes two adult and two youth general admission season tickets (a $300 value) and Jayhawk apparel. The Family Plan also includes two tickets to the KU-Oklahoma game at Arrowhead Stadium October 15.
Kansas Athletics encourages fans to comply with their local ordinances regarding outdoor signs.
Participating Westlake Ace Hardware locations include:
• 601 Kasold Drive, Lawrence, KS
• 711 W. 23rd St., Lawrence, KS
• 15225 W. 87th Parkway, Lenexa, KS
• 120 N. Claiborne, Olathe, KS
• 12202 College Blvd., Overland Park, KS
• 4049 Somerset, Prairie Village, KS
• 12230 W. 63rd St., Shawnee, KS
• 5001 SW 29th St., Topeka, KS
• 8829 W. Central, Wichita, KS
• 3110 E. Douglas, Wichita, KS
• 2559 S. Seneca, Wichita, KS