Kansas and Collegesports.com Launch KUathletics.com
Aug. 31, 2004
LAWRENCE, Kan. – The University of Kansas, in conjunction with CSTV’s CollegeSports.com, has launched KUAthletics.com (www.kuathletics.com), the new official Web site of Kansas athletics featuring live game video and audio, real-time statistics and scores, auctions, online ticketing and official Jayhawk merchandise. These features, and more, will connect Kansas’ alumni and fans to their favorite teams and student-athletes like never before.
“We are very excited about our partnership with CSTV,” Kansas Director of Athletics Lew Perkins said. “Our goal is to make our Web site a model for college athletic sites and we believe CSTV will help get us there. We will have the ability to offer our fans more content, a better design, live and archived video, and other enhancements. This is a major step forward for our program.”
- Jayhawk Total Access – live and archived video of Jayhawk men’s and women’s athletic contests, press conferences, coaches’ shows, interviews and game highlights
- GameTracker Live – live in-game statistics and scores for KU games; coupled with Jayhawk Total Access, GameTracker Live provides fans who can’t attend the games the full experience
- Ultimate Alumni Football Guide – the first and only stop for KU alumni that will feature information on pre-game rallies, Kansas Alumni Association activities, K-Club updates, “Hospitality on the Hill” updates and other special events at KU home games
- Auctions – the easiest way for Jayhawk followers to obtain limited edition KU mementos, etc.
- Chats – alumni and fans have an opportunity to interact live with KU student-athletes, coaches and heroes of years past
- KUstore.com – the only place online to purchase officially licensed KU merchandise and apparel
- Online Ticketing – easy online access to tickets to all Kansas athletic events
CSTV is comprised of two primary business units: College Sports TV and CollegeSports.com. College Sports TV televises regular season and championship event coverage from every major collegiate athletic conference, in addition to nine NCAA Championships. The network also has a programming and marketing agreement with the U.S. Olympic Committee. CollegeSports.com, the most-trafficked college sports Web site, and its network of nearly 160 official athletic sites for top colleges, universities and athletic associations, is the number one online source for college sports news, information, scores and analysis.
CSTV was co-founded by President/CEO Brian Bedol, Chairman Stephen Greenberg and Executive Vice President Chris Bevilacqua. Bedol and Greenberg co-founded Classic Sports Network, which they sold to ESPN, now ESPN Classic. Bevilacqua is a former senior executive with Nike Inc., where he headed the company’s successful foray into the college market.