Kansas 7, Kansas State 59 Postgame Notes
Oct. 14, 2010
Kansas State 59, Kansas 7
Lawrence, Kan. – Oct. 14, 2010
– Freshman tight end AJ Steward made his second start of the season against Kansas State.
– Senior WR Johnathan Wilson made two catches in the first quarter, giving him 102 in his career, which moved him into 13th place all-time at Kansas, passing Isaac Byrd’s 101 receptions.
– Wilson had eight catches which marked his highest total since the Texas game in 2008, when he also caught in eight passes.
– Senior P Alonso Rojas recorded a 55-yard punt in the second quarter, which marked his sixth-straight game with a punt of at least 50 yards, and his seventh 50-plus yard punt of the year.
– Freshman WR Erick McGriff made his first career catch on a third-down play for 13 yards. McGriff finished the evening with three receptions for 37 yards.
– Freshman QB Jordan Webb passed for 228 yards, which marked the second time in his career that he has thrown for 200-plus yards.
– Sophomore WR Bradley McDougald recorded 65 yards receiving, which set a career high.
– Webb set season-highs in completions (26) and pass attempts (46).
– Senior RB Angus Quigley scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter on a five-yard run, which marked his first TD since the Iowa State game in 2008.
– Quigley gained 70 yards on a season-high 16 carries. His 70 yards rushing were his highest total since he rushed for 84 yards against Louisiana Tech in 2008.
– Kansas surrendered 50-plus points in back-to-back games for the first time since 2001.
– Junior LB Chea Peterman recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter, which marked the first turnover forced by the Jayhawks since an interception in the Southern Miss game.