20 Questions With Jessica Smith
Nov. 4, 2005
1. Full Name: Jessica Piper Smith
2. Birthdate: January 24, 1984
3. Hometown: Wichita, Kansas
4. Major: Sports Management
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
My brother because I’ve seen him pull off some unbelievable stuff (although not always legal).
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When the toilet seat gets left up and wet socks.
7. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
I would make the entire team join along with me in a jig from Lord of the Dance.
8. If you could invite three people to dinner (dead or alive) who would they be?
Mr. Rogers, Bono from U2 and Donna Holyman.
9. What’s your dream job?
Laying on a beach ordering people around.
10. If you could pick one team to be on the schedule that isn’t already on it, who would it be and why?
Definitely an away game against Hawaii.
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Being named captain this year by my teammates.
12. Do you have any superstitions, and if so what are they?
For those that don’t know, I have some major quirks about my hair. I am very particular about my pony tail on gamedays. In fact, I know when it’s going to be a good day or bad day according to the amount of “Flair” my pony tail is exhibiting.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
I’m a Kansas kid, so deciding to play for the University of Kansas was an easy decision. I wanted to help represent area soccer players.
14. Who was your role model growing up?
My parents because they’d do anything for my brother and me.
15. What is your most prized possession?
My high school jersey I keep in my locker. It keeps me grounded and reminds me of where I have been.
16. What reality show would you be best on?
I’d be on Hell’s Kitchen because when I am not in soccer player mode, I am definitely Chef Jess.
17. What sport would you play if you didn’t play soccer?
Lacrosse, it’s the only other sport comparable to the demands of soccer.
18. If you could go see one concert who would you go see?
19. If we asked your teammates what your most endearing and obnoxious qualities are, what would it be and why?
I think they would say I am a good listener. As for obnoxious qualities, I am sure my roommate/teammate Kim Karfonta could list a few.
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
In 10 years I hope I am making an impact on people’s lives and making enough money to send my Mom and Dad on sunny vacations.