20 Questions with Danika Erickson
Nov. 4, 2005
1. Full Name: Danika Joy Erickson
2. Birthdate: December 16, 1984
3. Hometown: Lakewood, Colorado
4. Major: Community health
5. What player did you try and impersonate growing up?
Robin Fraser. He played for the Colorado Rapids in the MLS. Before him, I really admired the talents of my two older brothers who also played lots of soccer.
6. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When the tags on any sort of clothing are hanging out.
7. If you could be any cartoon character, who would you be?
Sleeping Beauty. I love sleeping and who wouldn’t want to be rescued in a castle by a handsome prince?
8. If we asked your teammates what your most endearing and obnoxious qualities are, what would it be and why?
Probably that I always keep a good attitude and that I am obnoxiously shy sometimes.
9. What’s your dream job?
Anything in the nursing field.
10. What match are you most looking forward to this season?
Texas because it’s time to get revenge for the two very close games we played against them last year.
11. What is your greatest personal athletic achievement?
Making all-state two years in a row in high school and committing to play soccer at KU.
12. Do you have any superstitions, and if so what are they?
Nope. I am not really superstitious.
13. What is the biggest reason you came to Kansas?
I had so much fun on my recruiting visit that I did not want to go back home once the weekend was over! That is the honest truth and that is how I knew Kansas was the right place for me.
14. Who was your role model growing up?
I did not have just one role model, instead my entire family were role models throughout my childhood.
15. What is your most prized possession?
My cell phone, I don’t think I need to explain why, it’s self explanatory.
16. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
I can’t decide between steak and green beans with a baked potato or chicken parmesan. I would say cereal or ice cream but those aren’t really meals.
17. What reality show would you be best on?
Fear Factor because I am not afraid of anything! Ha ha that is not true.
18. If you could do any celebration after scoring a goal what would you do?
Run screaming and jump on all of my teammates.
19. If you could go see one concert who would you go see?
Coldplay and I did on September 21st! It was something that I have always wanted to do.
20. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Married, working as a nurse in Colorado and starting a family.