Kansas 66, Iowa 55 Postgame Notes
Nov. 18, 2009
Nov. 18, 2009
Kansas 66, Iowa 55
November 18, 2009
Kansas‘ Win over Iowa…
…Gives Kansas a 2-0 mark to open the season for the fourth-straight year.
….Makes Kansas 2-0 at Carver-Hawkeye Arena and 4-2 all time versus Iowa.
…Gives KU a 24-16 overall record against Big Ten Conference opponents.
…Improves Kansas head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 3-1 versus Iowa.
…Gives Henrickson an 81-79 mark at Kansas and a 239-141 overall record.
…Makes Kansas 678-477 all time.
– Senior Danielle McCray moved into eighth place on the Kansas career scoring chart with 1,586 career points. McCray moved past Charisse Sampson who collected 1,568 points in her Jayhawk career.
– The Jayhawks opened the game with an 11-0 run and held Iowa to 0-8 from the field for the first 6:20 of the contest.
– Sophomore Aishah Sutherland recorded her second-career double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. She also set a career-high with four steals.
– Junior Krysten Boogaard matched her single-game high with seven free throws made. After missing her first two foul shot attempts, Boogaard finished the game making 7-of-9.
– Redshirt freshman Angel Goodrich scored all ten of her points in the second half and matched her season-high in assists with seven dimes.
– McCray scored 15 of her 20 points in the second half, including three three-pointers. For the game, McCray knocked down 4-of-5 from beyond the arc.
– All five starters finished the game in double-figures; marking the second game in a row the Jayhawks’ starting five have all hit double digits.