Nov. 28, 2010
Kansas 87, Arizona 79
November 27, 2010
– Gives Kansas a 6-0 record for the second-straight season and fourth time under head coach Bill Self.
– Makes the all-time record versus Arizona 8-4 in favor of the Jayhawks, including 3-2 at neutral sites.
– Makes Kansas 8-0 all-time in the Las Vegas Invitational.
– Improves head coach Bill Self to 3-5 versus Arizona, 208-43 at Kansas and 415-148 overall.
– Makes KU 2,009-796 all-time.
– KU scored on seven of its first eight trips down the court to open the game.
– For the first time this season, KU had six players score 10 or more points.
– Arizona shot KU opponent highs with 37-percent from the three-point arc and 71.4-percent from the free throw line.
– The Jayhawks scored 42 points in the paint compared to just 28 for Arizona.
– Junior Markieff Morris and sophomore Travis Releford were named to the all-tournament team, while junior Marcus Morris was named tournament MVP
– Markieff Morris recorded a season-high 15 points behind a season-best seven field goals.
– Despite sitting out much of the second half with foul trouble, Marcus Morris led the team with 16 points. He has led the team in scoring in five of its six contests this season.
– Marcus also pulled down a team-high nine rebounds.
– Releford scored in double-digits points for the second-straight game finishing with 10 points.
– Senior Mario Little scored all five of his points in the final 20 minutes.
– Sophomore Thomas Robinson contributed 14 points, two shy of his career best.
– Junior Tyshawn Taylor dished out seven assists. He has handed out seven or more dimes three times this season.
– Senior Tyrel Reed recorded a season-high 13 points with the help of five free throws, also a season best.