Dec. 4, 2008
Kansas 93, San Jose State 49
December 4, 2008
Kansas‘ win over San Jose State…
– Makes Kansas 5-0 for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
– Gives the Jayhawks a 3-0 mark versus San Jose State all-time.
– Improves KU head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 62-65 at Kansas, 220-127 overall and 2-0 against San Jose State
–The Spartan’s 22 first-half points tied for the fewest single-half points allowed by the Jayhawks this season.
– The starting lineup of Nicolette Smith, Danielle McCray, Porscha Weddington, Sade Morris and LaChelda Jacobs was used for the third time this season. It marked the third career start for Smith.
– Four players tallied double-digit points for the Jayhawks. KU has had three or more players with double figure points in all five games this season.
– The KU bench contributed a season-high 40 points.
– The Jayhawks had a team season-high 27 assists.
– Ivana Catic tallied season highs in points (7), assists (9) and minutes played (26). Her nine assists were the most by a Jayhawk player this season.
–The Jayhawks connected on a team season-high 10 three-point field goals and shot a season best 58.8% (10-for-17) from behind the arc.
– Kelly Kohn scored a season-high 15 points on 5-of-7 shooting from the field.
– Rebecca Feickert had career-highs in points (8), rebounds (4) and blocks (1) in 11 minutes off the bench.
– Danielle McCray (20 points) scored 20 or more points for the third time this season and the 10th time in her career.
-Sade Morris tied a career-high for three-point field goals made with three (3-of-4).
– Porscha Weddington’s 12 points tied for a career high, which she achieved earlier this season against Saint Louis (11-23-08).
– Katie Smith had career-highs in points (4) and minutes played (7).