Kansas-USC Postgame Notes
Dec. 4, 2006
Kansas Postgame Notes
Kansas 72, USC 62
Dec. 4, 2006 – Lawrence, Kan.
Kansas’ win over USC…
… Makes Kansas 7-2 on the season
… Gives Kansas its fourth-straight win against USC and makes the series 8-5 in favor of KU
… Makes KU 5-1 at home this season, 169-11 in Allen Fieldhouse since 1994-95 and 585-105 all-time in the facility
… Improves Bill Self to 1-0 against USC, 79-26 while at Kansas and 285-131 overall
… Makes Kansas 1,880-779 all time
… Makes KU 21-6 under head coach Bill Self following a loss
– Kansas is now 7-1 when leading at the half.
– Sophomore Brandon Rush had five rebounds, which gives him at least five boards in each of his last six games and in seven of nine games this season. He has made at least one three-pointer in each game this season.
– Rush scored in double-figures for the first time since the Florida contest and has now has scored 10 or more points in seven out of nine games.
– Rush’s seven three-point attempts tied his career-high and is the most by a Jayhawk this year.
– Sophomore Mario Chalmers’ five steals in the first half was the most since Russell Robinson had five on Feb. 18, 2006. His six steals in the game tied a career high and were the most since Robinson had six against Missouri on Feb. 18, 2006.
– Chalmers has now scored in double-figures in six out of nine games this season.
– Chalmers had two blocked shots against USC, setting a career high.
– Junior Russell Robinson’s eight assists tied a season high and also tied the season high for an individual Jayhawk.
– Freshman Sherron Collins set a career high with six rebounds.
– Kansas’ 11 first half steals were the most in a half since they collected 11 in the first half against Idaho State on Nov. 18, 2005.
– Kansas outscored USC in points off the bench 23-3.
– Kansas recorded season highs in free throws made (20) and steals (15). The Jayhawks tied season highs for free throw attempts (27) and blocked shots (9).
– Eleven turnovers by Taj Gibson were the most by a KU opponent since James Wright of Colorado had 11 on Feb. 2, 2002.
– USC set Kansas opponent season highs in free throw percentage (85.0, 17-20) and turnovers (25).
– The Trojans tied Kansas opponent season highs for steals with 10.
– The Trojans set Kansas opponent season lows for field-goal attempts with 46.
– The Trojans tied Kansas opponent season lows for three-point field-goal attempts (11) and offensive rebounds (8).
– Dating back to last season, Kansas has held opponents to less than 50 percent from the field in 15 straight games, Texas shot 55.1% on Feb. 25, 2006. Kansas has held 46 of its last 47 opponents to under 50% from the field.