Postgame Notes vs. Alabama
Dec. 12, 2010
Kansas 79, Alabama 57
Dec. 12, 2010
– The Jayhawks improved to 9-1 for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
– The win makes KU 1-0 versus Alabama all-time.
– KU is now 7-14 all-time versus the Southeastern Conference.
– KU is 8-0 at Allen Fieldhouse for the fourth straight season.
– Head Coach Bonnie Henrickson improved to 105-96 while at KU and 263-158 overall.
– Kansas is now 702-494 all time.
– KU held Alabama to just 23 percent shooting from the field in the first half and only 27 percent for the entire game.
– KU started the second half on an 8-0 run.
– KU shot 59 percent from the field, but did not make a single three-point basket on the afternoon (0-7).
– KU used the starting lineup of Aishah Sutherland, Keena Mays, Monica Engelman, Diara Moore and Carolyn Davis in both halves.
– Davis led all scorers with 12 points at halftime. She also finished the game as the leading scorer with 24 points. It marks her 10th career 20-point game and fifth of the season.
– Davis also set a career-high with two assists.
– Three Jayhawks finished in double-figures: Davis (24), Engelman (22) and Sutherland (17).
– Mays set a new career-high with 11 rebounds. Mays also recorded six assists, which was tied for a team-high with Engelman.
-Sutherland recorded her fifth double-double of the season with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
– All eight Jayhawks that suited up saw action in today’s game.
– Angel Goodrich and Marisha Brown both sat out of the contest with injuries.