Kansas 64, Creighton 58 Postgame Notes
Dec. 22, 2010
Kansas 64, Creighton 58
December 22, 2010
Kansas‘ win over Creighton …
– Improved to 11-1 for the first time since the 2005-2006 season.
– Made Kansas 3-1 on the road this season.
– Improved KU to 22-12 all-time against the Bluejays and 82-29 against Missouri Valley Conference opponents.
– Moved head coach Bonnie Henrickson to 8-1 against Creighton. Henrickson is now 107-96 in her Kansas career and 265-158 all-time.
– The KU women’s basketball program now stands at 704-494 all-time.
– The 29 points KU scored in the first half tied a season-low. The Jayhawks also scored 29 in the first half against North DakotaState on Nov. 26.
– The Bluejays were able to overtake KU with a 9-0 run to start the second half. The run went from 20:00-15:15.
– Kansas blocked just one shot, which was a season-low. The Jayhawks have had at least two blocks in every other game this season.
– KU has held all 13 opponents under .500 from the field this season.
– Kansas used the starting lineup of Angel Goodrich, Keena Mays, and Monica Engelman at guard and Aishah Sutherland and Carolyn Davis at forward for the second-straight game.
– Sophomore guard Angel Goodrich put in a season-high 12 points. She 10 points in the first half to lead KU.
– Goodrich has historically done well against the Bluejays, scoring a career-high 20 points in the 2009 meeting at Allen Fieldhouse.
– Junior forward Aishah Sutherland set a new career-high in assists with four.
– Sutherland scored in double figures for the eighth time this season. She has grabbed eight or more boards and had a block in each of the last four games.
– Sophomore forward Carolyn Davis led KU with 18 points. Davis has now scored in double figures in four-straight games and in 12-of-13 this season.