KU’s great cheer tradition started in 1899, and it includes cheering Final Fours, Orange Bowls, and two of our own national championships (NCA 1990 & 1995). Now, we cheer at the best basketball games in the country, Big 12 football games, and top-5 finishes at UCA nationals large coed division.
When you graduate from this program and this university, you’ll leave a better cheerleader, a better student, and a better person. We have built a squad of talented athletes who continually strive to improve themselves, and uphold the unmatched gameday atmosphere at KU.
Fiske College Guide rates KU’s academics 4 out of 5 stars, with over 200 majors in many fields including Health/Medical, Education, Business, and Engineering. Every spirit squad member graduates with a degree that sets them up for professional success in any field. We pride ourselves on academic success, and consistently boast a squad GPA over 3.0 every semester.
Freshman Requirements & Deadlines:
- Priority Deadline is November 1st: Complete your application by this date to be eligible for scholarships, early decision for scholarship halls, and the University Honors Program.
- Final Application and Test Score Deadline is February 1st: Submit final application and updated test scores by February 1st to gain admission for fall enrollment.
Freshmen Tuition and Scholarships
- Final Application due by May 1st: Must apply by this date to be eligible for transfer scholarships and gain admission for fall enrollment
Transfer Tuition and Scholarships
Campus Visits: We LOVE meeting recruits! Please contact coach Drake if you plan on visiting campus. Many recruits end up attending a practice, or meeting some of the team while they’re in town for an official campus visit.
- Jayhawk Days: For high school students interested in learning more about KU
- Transfer Fridays: Specialized visits for any student interested in transferring to KU
- Admitted Senior Days: For admitted high school seniors making a final decision about attending KU
How would you like to cheer in front of deafening sellout crowds of 16,300 people? That’s what it’s like for every KU men’s basketball game. Allen Fieldhouse is considered the best place in the country to watch a game, and we have the best seats in the house. When the season nears its end, the fun is just beginning. At KU, cheering at Final Fours isn’t unusual, and every year we have a realistic chance of winning the national championship. Being on the floor when your team wins a national championship is something you’d never forget, and something very few people get to experience.
For football, we cheer in the picturesque on-campus setting of Memorial Stadium, and we travel to other great Big 12 stadiums across the country. The University is very excited for this season, and we are ready to cheer on Coach Les Miles and his team to victory.
Lastly, we support our incredibly successful volleyball team. The newly renovated Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena is a vibrant environment, and travel to NCAA post-season tournaments are a highlight of our fall semester.
Beautiful campus in a fun college town
Ask any KU student or alumnus and they’ll tell you how much they love it here: the beautiful tree-lined hilltop campus, the great music scene and nightlife, and the fact that there’s always something to do. KU is big enough that there’s something for everyone, but it’s not so big that you feel lost in it. And if you need a little more excitement, Kansas City is just 45 minutes away where you’ll find the Power & Light entertainment District, downtown KC, and Chiefs, Royals, and Sporting KC games.