Big Jay & Baby Jay Prerequisite Tryout Information
It is expected that your time on the squad comes in second only to being a successful student at The University of Kansas. To be considered for Big Jay or Baby Jay, potential squad members must first meet the requirements listed below:
- Be a current, full-time student enrolled at The University of Kansas by the tryout date
- Cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher. (While on the squad, it is expected that the student maintains a 2.0 grade point average per semester to remain an active squad member.)
- Commit to at least 15 hours per week for squad related commitments. (Please keep in mind that this changes based on sport seasons & appearance demands.)
*The suits for Big Jay & Baby Jay are made to accommodate certain sizes of bodies. Potential squad members must meet the following height requirements:
- Big Jay: 6-1 to 6-5
- Baby Jay: 4-11 to 5-1
*If you do not fall within the height range but are close, please came and see if we can “fit you in.”
What to wear to tryouts:
- Comfortable workout gear (shorts and t-shirt)
- Tennis shoes (no flip flops or bare feet)
- If you have long hair, make sure that it is tied up securely
In addition to scheduled games & appearances, squad members are required to attend:
- Practice: Tuesdays 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Morning Workouts: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:45 AM -6:45 AM
Tryout Date & Time:
Tryouts will be held in 2020 for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- February 4 – 7-9 p.m.
- April 7 – 7-9 p.m.
If you have any questions please email Spirit Squad Director Catherine Jarzemkoski at firstname.lastname@example.org