RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.24
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
The Jayhawks recorded 11 triples against Iowa State (2/21), marking the most treys in a single game by Kansas this season and sixth time this year to sink 10 or more 3-pointers.
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Tickets Kansas State (Feb. 25)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas went 0-2 on the week after hitting the road to face Texas Tech (2/18) and hosting Iowa State on Tuesday night.
- With the two losses, the Jayhawks dropped to 8-19 on the year and 2-14 in Big 12 Conference action.
- KU forced the Lady Raiders to turn the ball over 21 times on Saturday, marking the ninth time in its last 15 games to force 20 or more turnovers.
- Sophomore Jayde Christopher scored a career-high 10 points against Texas Tech, her first double-digit scoring effort as a Jayhawk.
- Christopher dished out five assists on the road, marking the sixth game this season to record five or more assists. She also grabbed a season-high six boards.
- Redshirt junior guard Jessica Washington led all scorers for the 10th time in her last 16 outings after netting 36 points against the Cyclones (2/21).
- Washington’s 36 points against Iowa State was a career-best mark and the second time this season to score over 30 points. It was also the most points by a Jayhawk since Carolyn Davis netted 36 against Nebraska in 2011.
- Washington has registered 21 double-digit scoring efforts, including 10 games with 20 or more points. The Tulsa, Oklahoma, native has recorded double-figure performances in 15 of her 16 Big 12 appearances.
- For the sixth time this season, Washington connected on 50 percent of her attempts from the floor after converting 12-of-19 tries against Iowa State Tuesday night.