RCW: Inside Baseball 3.26
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
With Saturday’s (March 4) 11-7 win over Northwestern State, head coach Ritch Price became KU’s all-time winningest coach with 439 victories, surpassing legendary skipper Floyd Temple (438).
Schedule UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Tickets Omaha (March 8)
Tickets Houston Baptist (March 10)
Tickets Houston Baptist (March 11)
Tickets Houston Baptist (March 12)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas’ all-time record: 1,859-1,791-18 (.509).
- Head coach Ritch Price’s record in Division I: 655-638-4 (.507).
- Price (439-409-3 [.518]) is KU’s new all-time winningest coach, surpassing legendary skipper Floyd Temple (438).
- KU’s first game in the month of March came in 1959 when the Jayhawks shutout Washburn, 7-0, on March 30.
- Kansas holds an all-time record of 480-394-4 (.549) in the month of March with a mark of 140-119 (.541) under Price.
- The Jayhawks hold a record of 16-5 all-time in games played on March 8, with a 4-2 mark under Price.
- Kansas has outscored Omaha 30-16 in four previous meetings dating back to April 24, 2001, and 18-7 in the Price era (two games).
- In true midweek games, KU is batting .319 with a .453 on-base percentage, including three doubles and a triple.
- In games played at Hoglund Ballpark, the Jayhawks bat .320 with 10 doubles, two triples and one home run, and outscore their opponents 37-29.
- When Kansas scores six or more runs, it has won 67 percent of its games (4-for-6), but when it scores two or fewer runs, it has lost all five contests.
- Junior shortstop Matt McLaughlin boasts a six-game hitting streak where he is batting .458 (11-for-24) with a double, a triple, five runs scored and five walks compared to one strikeout.
- Freshman catcher Jaxx Groshans has hit safely in five-straight games where he is batting .389 (7-for-18) with two doubles, a walk, eight RBIs and one run scored.