RCW: Inside Men's Golf 3.29
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas men’s golf recorded four eagles as a team throughout the Hootie at Bulls Bay event, including three on the second day.
- Kansas finished the tournament in ninth place at one-under-par, one stroke ahead of No. 9 Virginia.
- Senior Chase Hanna recorded his seventh top-20 finish of the season, concluding the event in a tie for 17th at one-under-par.
- On the final day, three of five Jayhawks recorded rounds at even par or better.
- Facing challenges in the first two rounds, sophomore Charlie Hillier entered the final day at seven-over-par but responded with five birdies and an eagle to record a team low 68.
- As the only Jayhawk under par on the second day, freshman Andy Spencer recorded a three-under-par 69, marking his sixth round at even par or better this season.
- As a team, Kansas managed to play 48 holes under par during the tournament.
- Junior Daniel Sutton had another solid week, playing the event at one-over-par to finish tied for 30th.
- Showing his reliability, junior Daniel Hudson recorded a first-round 74, followed by a 73 in the second, both of which were used toward the team score.