RCW: Inside Softball 3.31
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
On the road, Kansas softball won its first Big 12 Conference series against Texas Tech after taking two of three games at Rocky Johnson Field.
Notes QUICK HITS
- After a 2-2 record last week, Kansas dropped to 21-19 on the season and 3-6 in Big 12 Conference action.
- Kansas scored first in two of three games over the weekend and has scored first in 20 of its 39 games in 2017. The Jayhawks are 13-7 when putting a run on the scoreboard before their opponent.
- KU’s offense recorded 10 or more hits twice last weekend against the Red Raiders and outhit TTU, 32-29.
- Junior outfielder Mikayla Warren hit Kansas’ second grand slam of the season at Texas Tech (4/7). The pinch-hit long ball was the first home run of Warren’s career in the Crimson and Blue.
- Freshman hurler Mandy Roberts recorded her first career save against the Red Raiders (4/8) after fending off TTU’s late rally in the second game of the series.
- Senior outfielder Lily Behrmann recorded three walks over the weekend and now has 102 base on balls in her career. She needs seven more to move into second place all-time in KU softball history.
- After hitting her sixth home run of the season, junior catcher Harli Ridling increased her career total to 23, which is tied for the seventh-most in Kansas history. She needs two more to move into sixth place.
- The Jayhawks have hit 31 home run in 2017, which is the second-most long balls in the Big 12.