RCW: Inside Softball 3.32
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
After hitting two home runs against Oklahoma, junior catcher Harli Ridling now leads the squad with eight long balls in 2017.
- After a 0-3 record last week, Kansas dropped to 21-22 on the season and 3-9 in Big 12 Conference action.
- The Jayhawks hosted No. 8 Oklahoma for a three-game series, marking the third nationally-ranked opponent to come to Arrocha Ballpark. Kansas is 1-7 on the season against teams ranked in the Top 25.
- In the first game of the series against Oklahoma, Kansas had the tying run at the plate, but the Sooners halted KU’s comeback and took the first game with a 4-1 victory.
- Kansas’ defense has posted a .973 fielding percentage after committing just 35 errors in 43 games. KU’s .973 mark is 28th in the nation and second in the league.
- The Jayhawks have launched 33 home runs this season and average .77 per game, which ranks 67th in nation.
- Senior Lily Behrmann has recorded 104 walks in her career in the Crimson and Blue, becoming just the fourth Jayhawk to record over 100 walks while playing for Kansas.
- Junior catcher Harli Ridling leads the team with eight home runs, which also is tied for third in the league. She’s just two long balls behind the Big 12 Conference leader.