RCW: Inside Softball 3.33
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
In Kansas’ 6-3 win over Nevada on Saturday, the Jayhawks hit three home runs in one inning to spark their offense in the victory.
Schedule UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Tickets Texas (April 28-30)
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas finished nonconference action last week with a 3-1 record and improved to 24-23 on the season. KU ended its nonconference slate 21-14 and is 3-9 in Big 12 play with six games remaining on the schedule.
- KU defeated former Big 12 foe Nebraska, 5-3, in extra innings on Wednesday, April 19. Kansas improved to 2-4 in extended games this season.
- After defeating Nevada twice last weekend, Kansas earned its second series win in 2017.
- The Jayhawks hit five home runs last week, including three from junior catcher Harli Ridling. Ridling leads the team with 11 long balls on the year.
- Freshman Mandy Roberts improved to 4-3 in the circle after earning a victory on Sunday against the Wolf Pack.
- Senior outfielder Lily Behrmann has 111 career walks to her name after drawing seven base on balls in the last four games. She is second all-time in KU history and needs 35 more walks to set a new Kansas record.
- The Jayhawks batted .347 in the last four games as a squad with seven batters hitting over .300.