RCW: Inside Softball 3.34
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
KU has had at least five Academic All-Big 12 selections in each of the last seven seasons under head coach Megan Smith.
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas softball ended the 2017 season with a 24-28 mark after finishing the year with three losses to Iowa State.
- The Jayhawks concluded the 2017 Big 12 slate with a 3-14 mark.
- With its victory over then-No. 14 Baylor (3/25), KU’s streak increased to eight-straight seasons with a win over nationally-ranked opponents.
- Defensively, the Jayhawks posted a .972 fielding percentage, the second-best mark in the conference.
- Junior catcher Harli Ridling led the team with 11 home runs, which is tied for third in the league.
- Infielder Jessie Roane concluded her junior season with the third-most doubles in the Big 12 (16) and eighth in RBIs recorded (40).
- Junior outfielder Erin McGinley recorded a team-best 19 stolen bases in 2017, which is the fifth-best mark in the Big 12.Kansas finished the season with a 3.54 ERA, which marked the fourth-best ERA in the Big 12 Conference.
- Hurler Alexis Reid ended her sophomore campaign with four shutouts, tied for the most shutouts by a Big 12 pitcher.
- Reid also finished fourth in the league in strikeouts (121) and tied for fifth in victories (14).