RCW: Inside Women's Basketball 3.15
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Junior forward Chayla Cheadle recorded her first career double-double after notching 12 points and 11 rebounds, a career high, at Alabama (12/4).
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
Notes QUICK HITS
- Kansas played back-to-back road games last week and went 0-2 away from Allen Fieldhouse, dropping to 3-4 on the season.
- In the month of December, the Jayhawks own an overall mark of 186-82 (.696). Under head coach Brandon Schneider, Kansas is 2-6 in the 12th month of the year.
- KU has played three overtime games in its last four outings and is 2-1 on the season in extended games. Under Schneider, the Jayhawks are 3-1 in overtime games.
- Kansas won its first road game of the season at Memphis (11/20), but has dropped its last two road contests to fall to 1-2 away from Allen Fieldhouse.
- KU shot 33.6 percent from the field last week, but had four Jayhawks connect on 40 percent or higher from the floor, led by senior forward Sydney Umeri’s 55.6 field goal percentage.
- The Jayhawks recorded their best performance in the paint at Alabama (12/4) after scoring 34 points inside. On the year, Kansas is averaging 23.4 points in the paint.
- Entering Sunday’s matchup, Alabama was averaging nearly 10 more rebounds per game than Kansas, but KU walked away outrebounding the Crimson Tide, 59-54, with four Jayhawks grabbing season-high marks, including junior forward Chayla Cheadle’s team-leading 11 boards. Over the last two games, Kansas has averaged 46 rebounds per contest while allowing its opponents 44.5 rebounds per game.
- A trio of Jayhawks netted double figures at Alabama (12/4) with redshirt sophomore McKenzie Calvert leading the way after a 15-point performance. Cheadle added 12 points, while senior forward Jada Brown contributed her first double-digit scoring effort of the year with 11 points.
- After a 12-point effort at Creighton (11/30), Cheadle netted double-digit scoring performances in both games last week, the only Jayhawk to notch double figures in both games. The Columbia, Missouri product shot 50 percent from the field last week, while averaging double figures.