RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.13
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
In the first and only round of the rain-shortened Trinity Forest Invitational, freshman Yi-Tsen Chou matched her career best after shooting a 75 on Monday, November 7.
- Only 18 holes of the Trinity Forest Invitational in Dallas were played in what was supposed to be a 54-hole tournament. Two rounds were scheduled to be played on Monday, November 7, but inclement weather shortened it to only one round. After a night of rainfall, the course was deemed unplayable, cancelling the final round as well.
- Chou had her first top-10 finish in just her third career collegiate tournament, finishing tied for sixth overall.
- As a team, the Jayhawks finished in a three-way tie for eighth place with fellow Big 12 opponents Kansas State and Texas Tech after shooting a 27-over 315.
- The Jayhawks fired a collective nine birdies in the first round.
- Chou and sophomore Victoria Chandra each had three birdies.
- The Jayhawks had their best finish of the four tournaments during the fall season.
- The Trinity Forest Invitational concluded the Jayhawks’ fall season, and the next tournament will be February 26-27, when the team will Travel to Peoria, Arizona and play in the Westbrook Spring Invitational.