RCW: Inside Women's Golf 3.33
Get a quick look inside your favorite Kansas Jayhawk programs each week with Rock Chalk Weekly’s Inside Sports pages. Notable statistics, quick hits and the top social media posts get every Jayhawk fan up-to-speed and ready for another week of thrilling competition.
Number BY THE NUMBERS
Kansas freshman Yi-Tsen Chou ended the third and final round of the Big 12 Championship in a tie for ninth place. It was her third top-10 finish of the season.
Notes QUICK HITS
- The Kansas women’s golf team concluded its season April 23 at the Big 12 Championship in San Antonio, Texas at the Dominion Country Club.
- Kansas placed seventh out of the nine Big 12 teams competing over the weekend.
- Day one was favorable to the Jayhawks, who had three golfers in the top-10, two of which were in the top-5. Yi-Tsen Chou and Ariadna Fonseca Diaz were tied for fifth while Victoria Chandra was tied for ninth.
- The Jayhawks ended days one and two in third place, following collective performances of 296 and 302 strokes, respectively.
- KU’s top finisher, Chou, finished the second day of the Big 12 Championship in sole possession of second place, after she carded a 1-over 73.
- Joining Chou in the top-10 after day two was sophomore Chandra, who shot a 75 to land in seventh place. Chandra ended the event tied for 24th.
- Chou was named to the Big 12 All-Tournament Team.
- Fonseca Diaz led the Jayhawks with nine of the team’s 25 birdies.