Kansas Athletics accepting donations for Houston residents
LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas Athletics is aiming to help those impacted by Hurricane Harvey and will be taking donations at the September 9 and September 23 home football games, as well as soccer and volleyball home matches in September.
Suggested donation items include:
- New clothing of all sizes (shirts, pants, socks, underwear)
- Towels, washcloths, dish towels, blankets, pillows, pillowcases and sheets
- Non-perishable food items (examples include canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, applesauce, cereal nuts, granola bars)
- Bottled water
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
- Toiletries (toilet paper, soap, shampoo and conditioner, deodorant, body lotion, razors and shaving cream, hand sanitizer, feminine products, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sunscreen, Band-Aids and eyeglass readers)
- Cleaning supplies (detergent, trash bags of all sizes, mold spray, disinfecting wipes, bleach, Riddex, window cleaner, mops, brooms, towels, sponges, paper towels, goggles, sturdy latex gloves, masks, flashlights and batteries)
- Formula, diapers of all sizes, lactose-free formula, baby wipes, baby shampoo, bottles, books, games
- Miscellaneous items such as pet food, gift cards to grocery stores and gas stations, school supplies
There will be six donation bins surrounding the outside of Memorial Stadium as well as a donation bin located in the Kansas Union on Level 1. Donation bins will be near the entrances at Rock Chalk Park and Horesji Family Athletics Center for those bringing items to Kansas soccer and volleyball matches.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.