Softball hosts Omaha in nonconference finale Wednesday
Kansas softball hosts Omaha in the final nonconference game of the regular season on Wednesday at Arrocha Ballpark at Rock Chalk Park.
Kansas (25-21, 0-12 Big 12) and Omaha (15-28, 3-8 Summit League) are meeting for the 11th time on the softball diamond with the Jayhawks holding a 10-0 series advantage.
The Jayhawk Radio Network will carry the game on KUAthletics.com/radio with Nick Springer calling the action.
Wednesday will also be Moana Day, featuring a meet-and-greet with the Disney character Moana, a build-your-own “Heart of Te Fiti” station and a free leis giveaway at the gate.
|Game 47: vs. Omaha|
|Wednesday, April 25|
|Lawrence, Kan. (Arrocha Ballpark at RCP)|
|Jayhawk Radio Network|
- Kansas begins a seven-game home stand on Wednesday that will usher in the conclusion of the regular season.
- Kansas holds a 10-0 series advantage over Omaha dating back to 1978. The Jayhawks and Mavs have met in each of the last four season since 2015.
- The Jayhawks are looking to snap a 10-game losing streak after playing nine-straight contests against teams currently ranked in the NFCA top-25.
- Through 46 games this season, the Jayhawks have 69 doubles. KU’s 1.50 doubles per game is a program high and ranks 30th in the nation.
- Senior infielder Jessie Roane leads KU with a .374 batting average and 14 doubles, while entering Wednesday on a three-game hitting streak.
- Senior catcher Harli Ridling ranks third in career home runs (35) and third in career RBIs (142) at KU. This season, she is hitting .289 with 17 extra-base hits — seven home runs and 10 doubles.
- Freshman utility Tarin Travieso leads KU with 30 RBIs.
- Junior pitcher Andie Formby (11-8) leads Kansas with a 2.48 ERA, 12 complete games, three complete-game shutouts and 96 strikeouts. 21), innings pitched (123.2) and ranks third in total strikeouts (94). Formby has three complete-game shutouts this season.
- Kansas ranks 20th in the nation in fielding percentage (.974). KU has just two errors in the last five games.
- Kansas started the season 17-3 for its best 20-game start since 1996. The Jayhawks have a pair of winning streaks lasting at least five games this season.
- KU’s 12-inning loss to Colorado State on March 30 was the most innings KU has played in 25 years. During the game, junior utility Brynn Minor threw a Big 12 season high of 14 strikeouts.
- Kansas is 7-3 in one-run games, 4-2 in extra-inning contests, and feature three walk-off victories this season.
- The 2018 Kansas softball campaign marks the 50th season overall and the ninth under head coach Megan Smith. Kansas has a 271-200 (.575) record during Smith’s tenure.
KUAthletics.com: The official online source for Kansas Athletics, Williams Education Fund contributions, tickets, merchandise, multimedia, photos and much, much more.